Sunday, October 11, 2009

Personal statement

Dear....

In my quest to locate a position for my junior year internship, I've determined the goal I desire most is to acquire a position within a company that offers travel to students. This is important to me for many reasons! I have a love for different cultures and experiencing new environments and customs. I would like to help other people find their love for traveling and have the best experience possible through good planning.

I feel I have an array of skills that would benefit One World in hiring me as an intern. I am excellent in communicating with people and I have great leadership skills. For instance, I was School President at HTMMA in my 8th grade year. I've also been activities leader for my current employer, The Picnic People and I've always loved speaking with and to large groups and also one on one with individuals. I was also recently offered a position as manager of my former volleyball team, however I declined due to the extensive travel requirements. In all of my jobs and rolls of leadership, I have always given my very best in that I am always on time, ready for working, and prepared to do whatever it takes to get the job done. I feel my leadership skills come in handy in my previous positions because it is my nature to look at each situation that arises and find a solution for getting the task accomplished. If a problem arises, I remain calm and ready to find a way to correct the issue at hand.

I'd also like to point out that my academic achievements have been consistent and recognized. I realize that I may not always understand everything presented by my instructors but I consider myself a life long learner and I look to them for their direction in my pursuit of success.

Your consideration of me, as an intern at One World, is truly appreciated. I know, without a doubt my own travel experiences(through One World) combined with my work ethic and skillset will make me a great asset to your organization. I look forward to an opportunity to meet with you and discuss when I might bring my talents to your workplace.



Regards,



Tierra Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment