Friday, January 15, 2010

#7 internship

First, provide a complete & detailed project description. Answer each of the following using the best writing that you can, evidence & examples, links (where appropriate), and pictures and/or multimedia (when possible and appropriate).
Project description
Internship site: The Wild Animal Park
Department:Volunteer management

Project Title: assessment tool as well as Proposal to increase education and awareness of ADA service at the wild animal park
General Description: my first project is to make sure that the volunteers here at the park needs are being met and i do that through a survey or an assessment tool with a total of 17 questions that will give not only me but the department an idea of how the volunteers feel and think after conducting all my surveys i will go through them all and summary's the most important parts so that no one has to go through every survey to get information. my second project is about making the park better in one area that i have notice need some work. this will help to ensure that the guest have the best experience possible and that there needs are being met. this project is one that means a lot to me, I came up with it on my own because my grandfather wanted to visit the park but it was to much walking for him. So then i looked in to it and found that a lot of people don't know that there is a service provided because of lack of advertisement and directions on where to go or what to do if you have trouble walking so this is a proposal to improve the ADA service

Learning Objectives: I'm learning how to write a good proposal and how to take a large amount of information and put it into a small piece of writing covering all the areas in the survey. I'm also learning information about the animals and park and the people that make up the production of the park.
Organization/Company Objectives & Benefits: there objective is to make sure the guest have the information they need to insure a great day at the park.
Schedule: i work from 9 to 3
Academic Skills:writing, reading, thinking in general, and just learning everything about one aspect of the park.
Technical Skills: taking pictures, using computer programs and videos
Collaboration—Skills and Opportunities: i collaborate with peoples thoughts and experiences at the park as long as with my mentor
Exhibition Plans: i plan to have my proposal and my final piece of the assessment tool as well as a PowerPoint,video and pictures
Schedule & Timeliness:

Schedule
For next week


1/15/2010
-Continue working on proposal 9:00 to 12:00
- lunch
-go out and get some pictures for my power point and my proposal. 12:30 to 2:00
- come back and upload images and sign off my time sheet for this week.
1/18/2010
Not coming in to office this day
1/19/2010
-I would like to start on some of the surveys be out doing assessment tool from 10:00 to 12:30
-Come back have lunch
-Then from 1:00 to 3:00 type data
1/20/2010

- go out and get some more answers for my assessment tool 10:00 to 12:30
-come back for lunch
-enter in more of the data and take some of the information to support my proposal 1:00 to 3:00
1/21/2010
- if possible I would like to meet with some of the volunteers to get some of the interview on film or even a guest
- as well as the people from the ADA service
if not this day sometime this week so I can start editing the footage
1/22/2010
- if everything works out on the 21st I would like to edit the footage and find a way to incorporate it into my PowerPoint 9:00 to 1230
- lunch
- work on PowerPoint so it can be ready for next week 1:00 to 2:00
- Since it’s a Friday I was hoping I could meet with you and go over everything from this week so that I can improve my work and make changes.


this is a timeline that i have came up with for my next week i have went over it with my mentor and he seems to like it. that's the plan for the next week but it can always change.

Next, provide a summary of your week.
Use these questions as a jumping off point for a well-written and thoughtful summary of the week:
What were the highlights?

the highlight was the hot air

What challenges did you face and how did you manage them?
the challenge that i faced was getting all the right information to movie forward with my project. i managed them by taking what i observed and matching it with the facts that the park gives.
How did you work with others?
with where I'm at i work with others all the time i interview people brainstorm ideas and thoughts. talk about the animals and all sorts of things. What did you see and/or experience that you did not expect?
i didn't expect to be able to mix work and fun so i am glad to experience this time of work environment.
how would you describe your first week to someone who has never had an internship?
i would say it is a great experience that will help you to understand what people in the real world do.
Please take your time and do this blog entry as well as you can. We will look at it in school on Monday in advisory & throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment