Friday, January 8, 2010

internship day 1

This is the hot air balloon that me and tori rode after internship.

















This is a picture of my in tori in a hot air balloon after internship was over.















This picture was take when i was getting to know the park and these are giraffes.

















this is a picture of a lion i took this picture well getting to know the park. it was a beautiful photo opportunity I'm not sure if you can tell from my picture taking skills.















economics & life

Has the wild animal park been affected by the recession?

as far as the recession the only major thing that has happen within the wild animal park is that we have not been able to hire more employs and I'm sure there have been budget cuts that i have not yet heard of.

has the volunteer department been affected by the recession?

well since they are not being paid, no there has not been a affect.



My First Day



I woke up about 7 and i took a shower and ate some cereal before i left the house. my way of transportation to my internship was my mother and it took us about 30mins. when i first arrived at my intern i shook hands with my mentor and introduced my self and told him it was a pleasure to finally meet him after that we sat and talked alittle bit about who we are and what we want to accomplish. then i asked him to sign some papers for my school so that i could continue coming and it all went really well i felt like i already knew him. he was a very nice man who made me feel welcome. after talking he showed me around the office and where i would be working it was a trailer right out side the wild animal park. the office or trailer i should say was a welcoming and comforting place alot of friendly volunteers coming and going. when it came to lunch time i was so determined to finish this task that he had given me that i didn't eat till i got off which was fine. the task that he asked me to do was a scavenger hunt that was about 3 to 4 pages long that walked you through the whole park and basically it was there to help me see where i would be working and also to get familiar with the park. well after today I'm not exactly sure what i will be doing for the next couple days we are planning on going over that stuff tomorrow. what i need to learn to do well at my intern is one i need to learn about the park and see what i can do as an outsider looking in to help them make changes to make there programs and park a better environment for the guests. i feel prepared to do any task that is thrown at me because i know it will be well explained on how to do it by my intern and i am confident in my ability's to take direction. i am very excited about working here because the people i am working with are very passionate about what they do and you can tell they want to be there. I am actually not nervous about working here because everyone is so nice and full of life and they all want to help me learn knew things and for that i am not nervous. for me it was a very long day i got there at 9 and didn't get home till 6.

1 comment:

  1. It was nice how you included pictures. You were really descrptive saying about your first day at your intership.

    ReplyDelete